The most sacred thing is a child's innocence;
his trust the most inviolate.
~ KN

winn's window / koreen photography

My photo
I'm a hobbyist photographer, a school counselor, a health junkie, and a mom. But above all, I'm just a woman living my truth. My biggest happiness in life is to savour each moment while it happens. That's all. That's everything.

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

To My Friends... You Know Who You Are


I'm stressed. Frantic. Frazzled. "Floopy"... and not in a good way.

I'm trying to organize and pare down. And sell each unnecessary item in my house, even though I may need it over the next 6 weeks; I'm getting rid of stuff now. I don't know why I'm so tense about it.

I could use a good massage or spa treatment or vacation on a tropical beach. I don't care. Just anything to get rid of the stress!

There. I vented. Now it's back to work. Not that any of this is the point I'm trying to make.

Here it is:

Thank you!

Thank you to all the wonderfully meaningful comments, the encouragement, the well-wishes, the knocking on wood -- all of it. It means so much to me that there are those who care enough to write in and say "hey", especially in the midst of what looks like a crazy woman doing her very own, very special chicken-with-its-head-cut-off dance. I've had practice. I do it well.

Like I said, now it's back to work. I'll get back to taking pictures and posting them when I have a chance... one of the things I miss the most right now.

7 comments:

  1. I so need to do what your doing. I can only imagine the stress, but you'll feel so great when it's all done! Good luck and hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, so once, not in the middle of a move, just in the middle of de-cluttering I had a mini panic about getting rid of empty Amazon and shoe boxes that had been taking up space in my closet. Why? I do not know! I knew I was being stupid. I knew that I didn't need them or could get more if I "needed" to send something in the mail. But, like you, I was tense, so I had to call a friend to "talk me off the ledge."
    You, however, are doing some legitimate down-sizing in the middle of a stressful time, so a little tension as you de-clutter is to be expected. So vent away! You deserve it!

    You also deserve a massage or a vacation, but I can't help you with that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. In lieu of a spa treatment or tropical vacation, perhaps a bag of Oreos?? =>

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally sympathize. I only had to clean out a linen closet for the bathroom renovation and it totally stressed me out. I agree with Stacia maybe you need some oreos or chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll take a bag of oreos any day over a massage!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh if I lived closer I'd drive a casserole over for diner tonight. Instead I'll pray for your continued sanity. And good sleep at night!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hold on! You can do it! Just a little longer! (and some well-deserved hugs to that, too!)

    ReplyDelete

I'm tickled you dropped by! Leave a link to your email or webpage so I can respond. Thanks for chatting!


The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before.
The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.
~Rajneesh