The most sacred thing is a child's innocence;
his trust the most inviolate.
~ KN

winn's window / koreen photography

My photo
I'm a hobbyist photographer, a school counselor, a health junkie, and a mom. But above all, I'm just a woman living my truth. My biggest happiness in life is to savour each moment while it happens. That's all. That's everything.

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Quiet in the Chaos - Captured


I can't believe I've been out of the blogging game for so long! Busy crazy times here have really distracted me and turns out a whole week has sped by. This move is exhausting on an emotional level I was unprepared for. I expected motivation (because I love organizing and purging stuff), excitement (because I SOOOOO want to move outta this house!), and anticipation (need I say more?). But with all the little changes life has thrown my way, and all the stresses that come with it... well, let's just say I'm a little wackier than normal.

Then Evan got an ear infection, the first in about a year, but still difficult to deal with for the little guy. I hate seeing him so sick! And then we got colds on top of that. Yep, kleenex's overflowing every trash can. Because I'm not up to emptying them all every day. Oops.

Oh, and did I mention I have a birthday party for a soon-to-be 4-year-old to put on? Yeah. That too.

In the midst of this chaos I got a chance to indulge myself. A good friend asked me to take some pictures of her kids. (Okay, so I begged her to let me practice on her kids. We'll just call it what it is.) Now, these kids are some of Evan's best friends, and they have a blast together. I honestly didn't know how I could get them to sit still long enough to take any decent shots, especially with my little guy around winding them up. But hey, isn't that half the fun?

Turns out, the camera adores them. And I caught moments of stillness that now, looking at them and playing with them on photoshop, give me feelings of quiet and peace deep down in my wacky crazy soul. (No, really.) Because this is what I love.


Etheo

Maddie girl

Awww... sibs!

Please excuse the motion blur in the last photo. I'm not that good yet.

****************************************

Quiet is featured this week on I Should Be Folding Laundry:

Photobucket

17 comments:

  1. It's nice that you were able to take a little time out to "play" with your camera. I've used camera therapy many times. The pictures turned out very sweet, especially the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty eyes! Good work! I love editing, it's therapy for me too, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What sweet babies. It is hard to get little kids to sit still right? Holy Cow it is HARD! : ) Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah the chaos. Just think once the move is finally over you can relax. Maybe. Someday. In the far off future. In the meantime, pour a cup of tea and breathe. Great photos, very natural and relaxed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You may not think your last picture is too good, but I find it so natural. I love it! The emotion of the picture is felt. I adore sibling love!

    ReplyDelete
  6. these are beautiful shots... the hugging is so sweet and her eyes- oh my goodness, her eyes...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh you are BUSY! But I'm glad you have the chance to be creative in the midst of it. Great photos! I do NOT have that gift at ALL, so I always appreciate those who do.

    ReplyDelete
  8. so awesome! I'm glad to see you had some time to enjoy photography in between the chaos of packing,etc. :D

    Little J just turned 4 - WOW our kids are growing TOO FAST!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love her blue eyes, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The second shot is just lovely. What a little angel. Good job working that natural light!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely "going away" present from you to your friend! (And sorry to hear about the ear infection. Those are never fun.)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both of them have such amazing eyes! Darling.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You did a fantastic job! Those eyes.. my goodness :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad you got some time to practice. Lovely shots.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh just look at that sweet picture of him hugging her. How sweet!!

    ReplyDelete

I'm tickled you dropped by! Leave a link to your email or webpage so I can respond. Thanks for chatting!


The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before.
The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.
~Rajneesh