The most sacred thing is a child's innocence;
his trust the most inviolate.
~ KN

winn's window / koreen photography

My photo
I'm a hobbyist photographer, a school counselor, a health junkie, and a mom. But above all, I'm just a woman living my truth. My biggest happiness in life is to savour each moment while it happens. That's all. That's everything.

Monday, May 31, 2010

One Day This Past Weekend...


... I ended up going swimsuit shopping. For the record, trying on bathing suits is never easy. Or self-esteem boosting. Even in good lighting. That is, for some of us Mummies... (we mummies who find a late night snack easier to fit in than that taebo dvd). However, it has come time to buy a swimsuit due to recent threats by someone who shall remain nameless to take the family to the water park. Sigh.

To make a fun time even more fun (note the positivity I bring to this adventure? no? only sarcasm? ok, that works too), I brought along my own little dinosaur dude. You know, the roaring ball of prehistoric ferocity in sweats, preschooler-size.

Rawr!

Because everyone needs a cheering section, right. Right?!

Said little dinosaur dude had to be in the change room with me for a couple of reasons: a) he couldn't stay out without me, alone in the store--it's just not safe; 2) his lower lip quivered at the thought of being out there in the store without me, and his panicked eyes convinced me (ruthless predator, indeed! hmmmph!); iii) he was (relatively) cheerful for once.

Too cheerful, as it turned out...

WM: "Avert your eyes! Look away! Mummy's changing."

Little dude (LD): giggle!!!, hands covering his eyes

WM: "Okay, little man, what do you think?"

LD: "Hellooooo, Pretty!"

WM: "Um, okay, what about this one?"

LD: "Mmm, pretty pretty!!!" while hugging WM leg and patting soft and cuddly WM tummy.

WM: "So, how about this other one?"

LD: "Hel-LOOOO PRETTY!!!"

Return of the sugarbomb: sweetness and light

And on and on he went. I could only imagine what the other people in neighbouring fitting rooms must think.

But honestly, in the end I didn't mind after all. It ended up being the best swimsuit shopping experience I've ever had. I actually feel pretty darn good about this bathing suit and what I have to stuff/shove/pour into it. I wonder why that can be?


The next project: turn my attention to the legs.... After going "natural" for the winter months, it might be time to rectify this environmental disaster of shrubbery gone wild. Options: razor? Wax? Weed wacker? Chain saw?


6 comments:

  1. I needed a laugh this morning! Thanks!!! As for the bathing suit dilemma,I think we ALL feel the same... Glad you had a cheering section!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Swimsuit shopping is the eighth ring of Hell. I think it would only be bearable with a cheering section like that. Hell-oo Pretty! That is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL... funny! Must be nice to have a dinosaur cheering section. I'm not sure that my children would have been so sweet about it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great cheering section! Can I borrow him?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh. "rectify this environmental disaster of shrubbery gone wild"!? I am laughing my ass off here. Personally I've given up on that aspect of personal hygiene. LOL! But good luck with yours! :)

    You must have deleted your last post about your frustration with missing the boat of the organized group bloggers. I had started a comment on that post, probably three times and then deleted it. I'm still not sure what I wanted to say... but I know all of us would love to have a couple thousand followers and be making money off our blogs. And I think most would be liars if they said they didn't (on some level) desire that. That said, I am at the point where I'm trying to figure out WHO I'm blogging for. It takes up so much darn time. Bleh. I don't want it to be a chore and add frustration to my already crazy life. But at the same time I love blogging.

    And if you get along well with Colleen and TJ, then I think there is a chance for us as well. Consider yourself followed.

    ReplyDelete

I'm tickled you dropped by! Leave a link to your email or webpage so I can respond. Thanks for chatting!


The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before.
The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.
~Rajneesh