The most sacred thing is a child's innocence;
his trust the most inviolate.
~ KN

winn's window / koreen photography

My photo
I'm a hobbyist photographer, a school counselor, a health junkie, and a mom. But above all, I'm just a woman living my truth. My biggest happiness in life is to savour each moment while it happens. That's all. That's everything.

Monday, May 4, 2009

Pushing the Limits

(... and other tales of the 3-year-old...)


At the babysitter's (Nannie's) today, The Boy wants to talk to me on the phone. "He wants to tell on me," Nannie stated matter-of-factly.

"I'm chewing gum," was The Boy's rather mumbled remark.

"What?! You goofy guy! You're not allowed gum!" He handed the phone back to his nannie.

"He's a trickster," I said to Nannie. "He knows he's not allowed gum."

"Oops!" she said.


**********************


We went to the zoo yesterday, our first time this year. I love it there. The Boy loves it there. With him so young and growing so fast and going through different developmental stages, it's always a new and different experience for him. And we usually end up having a great time.

But then, you turn your back for just a moment....


Oops!

.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my dear! you must have been beside yourself. It's funny how they can be so quick!

    Looks like a great day at the zoo... I'm planning to take a trip there soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, it did leave me breathless for a moment, but he was holding on tight! Little monkey!

    ReplyDelete

I'm tickled you dropped by! Leave a link to your email or webpage so I can respond. Thanks for chatting!


The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before.
The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.
~Rajneesh