The most sacred thing is a child's innocence;
his trust the most inviolate.
~ KN

winn's window / koreen photography

My photo
I'm a hobbyist photographer, a school counselor, a health junkie, and a mom. But above all, I'm just a woman living my truth. My biggest happiness in life is to savour each moment while it happens. That's all. That's everything.

Monday, December 14, 2009

A Christmas To Remember

Here's a gratuitous photo of another ornament on my tree. I'm experimenting with my camera and light spectrum to create cool effects. Bear with me. At the very least it's distracting me from the pulsating pustules of paralyzing pain in my throat. (So this is what strep is? Huh. Now I know. Yay for me.)


100_6185


I just have to say, there's nothing like listening to Christmas music in the car, driving my boy here and there. And there's nothing like hearing his 3 year old intonation and emphasis while singing "Mee-Mee Gramp's" song:

"... Light up the fire, play some Nat King Cole,
always sentimental and DON'T you KNOW
that it's gonna be a Christmas to remember..."*

Always brings a smile to my face.

*For those who don't speak 3 year old: that's Amy Grant and her song "Christmas To Remember."

5 comments:

  1. love the picture and the story--hope you are feeling better soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet, singing 3 year olds are the best.

    Just wanted to let you know I am hosting a Holiday Treats week this week and will be posting a new recipe everyday, hope you stop by to check it out and maybe link up some of your holiday treats

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the singing... Fynn does a rocking rendition of Jingle Bells ;) Makes it all worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sparkles! I love the effect.
    Strep sucks... hope you are on the mend and feel better soon Wacky.

    ReplyDelete

I'm tickled you dropped by! Leave a link to your email or webpage so I can respond. Thanks for chatting!


The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before.
The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.
~Rajneesh