The most sacred thing is a child's innocence;
his trust the most inviolate.
~ KN

winn's window / koreen photography

My photo
I'm a hobbyist photographer, a school counselor, a health junkie, and a mom. But above all, I'm just a woman living my truth. My biggest happiness in life is to savour each moment while it happens. That's all. That's everything.

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

A Modern Christmas Carol


Oh Christmas tree, Oh Christmas tree
Why are you laying on the ground?
Oh Christmas tree, Oh Christmas tree
What the h*&% made you fall down?

Your ornaments are broken,
I must admit I'm shaken;
But Christmas tree, Oh Christmas tree
My Christmas vibe's not taken.


Oh Christmas tree, Oh Christmas tree
I'm pretty sure it's Chloe
Oh Christmas tree, Oh Christmas tree
She's such a naughty kitty!

The smashing woke me with a start
The crash I heard 'most stopped my heart
Oh Christmas tree, Oh Christmas tree
I guess I'll take you all apart.

(Excuse me while I go sweep up the broken glass before my 3 year old runs through it.
And then I can set it up again. Maybe.)

Oh Christmas tree, Oh Christmas tree
Again you're standing straight and tall,
Oh Christmas tree, Oh Christmas tree
This time I'm praying you won't fall!

The kitty's locked up in the basement.
You'll never look the same again.
(Sob)
Oh Christmas tree, Oh Christmas tree
I just can't wait for today to end!


100_6208

8 comments:

  1. So sorry about your tree. Our dog did that too our first year with him. We now tie the tree to the ceiling with fishing line.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What with two cats, two dogs and three boys (not all at the same time) we have always wired the tree to the wall. BTW, Check out my post today, I got you a little something :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dang--how awful! All that broken glass!
    We screwed our tree base to a couple of 2X12 boards cut to size and our trees have been sturdy ever since. I speak as a fallen tree veteran.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I take it the kitty knocked it down. One year my 3 year old and 1 year old knocked our tree down so many times. When I walked in on Christmas day and it was once again on the floor I took hold of it and hauled it to the curb.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad we're not the only one! I'm going to try to tie it up with some twine, and hopefully the cat has learned her lesson! This tree will be outside very soon after Christmas, I'm sure! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the giggle! Hopefully it will stay up for you this time!

    I told hubby the next cat to mess with my tree gets kicked outside. Not that they've knocked it down-they chewed through the lights!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh no! It's such a beautiful tree! Hope it won't happen again...

    ReplyDelete
  8. roflmao.
    i'm not laughing at the tree falling, no. Cause that wouldn't be nice...

    your song however??? CLASSIC!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I'm tickled you dropped by! Leave a link to your email or webpage so I can respond. Thanks for chatting!


The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before.
The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.
~Rajneesh