The most sacred thing is a child's innocence;
his trust the most inviolate.
~ KN

winn's window / koreen photography

My photo
I'm a hobbyist photographer, a school counselor, a health junkie, and a mom. But above all, I'm just a woman living my truth. My biggest happiness in life is to savour each moment while it happens. That's all. That's everything.

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Golden Moments

While yesterday my happy was a bit far away in the morning, a good long afternoon of Evan playing with a buddy from preschool while the mommies chatted over drinks was good medicine. I was relaxed (hell, ya!) and it was a much better end to my day. My heart is also filled with gratitude for the bloggy friends that "showed up" at my blog-step to offer advice, kind words and cyber-hugs. Seriously wouldn't know what to do without you, friends. I'm learning to be more honest and vulnerable here, and so far the world hasn't ended.

Or has it? Hmmmm....

So the hormonal roller-coaster isn't over yet. Just another excellent fun thing from hell to navigate until my operation in January removes my womanly parts. Oh, by the way, TMI happening here. Did I not mention that the unmentionable would be mentioned? Oh. My bad.

So the company and friendliness sort of refreshed me and I'm doing quite well. So well in fact, that I went over my photos, played around, (having fun with it) and wouldn't you know found a picture that--for me--depicts the Christmas feeling from my childhood. Albeit in a rather abstract way.

Murmuring things of Disney
and magic and anticipation,
I am called out of myself --
Excitement for the morrow;
Peace for the moment...

A dash back through yesteryears and before,
for those few treasures in my memory box;
A sparkle, a colour... a haze of sleepy joy gazing up to heaven
through the constellations we made with glitter and lights
Golden moments ... giddy serenity
transfixed with delight ...
a hope, a promise ...
an evergreen prelude of more to come.


100_5905_2


****************************************

For more Friday Fun, click here:

8 comments:

  1. What a beautiful poem!

    I hope that your procedure is a success!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm new here...sounds like you have had (are having) a rough stretch.
    Hoping you find some happy in your Christmas this year!
    Lovely poem and beautiful picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I' hoping that things start looking up more consistantly for you.... cyber hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad that you are feeling better - a good dose of friendship goes a long way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad you're choosing happy. Keep noticing the beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That photo is so pretty. It reminds me of our garland for our Christmas tree. It's gold and purpley green irredescent. When we put it back up this year, my 4yo told me it looks like a pirate's treasure. Arghhh (Her arghh, not mine)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This photo is AMAZING! How wonderful that your memories of childhood Christmas are reflected by this beauty!

    ReplyDelete

I'm tickled you dropped by! Leave a link to your email or webpage so I can respond. Thanks for chatting!


The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before.
The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.
~Rajneesh