The most sacred thing is a child's innocence;
his trust the most inviolate.
~ KN

winn's window / koreen photography

My photo
I'm a hobbyist photographer, a school counselor, a health junkie, and a mom. But above all, I'm just a woman living my truth. My biggest happiness in life is to savour each moment while it happens. That's all. That's everything.

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

We Are The World That We Make... Honestly

I was lucky enough to be tagged by Cid over at Blog like no one is reading AND Jack at slightly off-center (sorry it took me so long to do this, Jack... sometimes I get behind in stuff).

I am a private person (hah!) as anyone reading my blog can tell, so it'll be hard for me to come up with truly honest scrap. Here are some not-so-random thoughts/ideas I have today. Honestly.

1. People live in darkness. This darkness is of their own making, their own choice.

2. People have both light and dark inside... so there IS light in the darkness... if we choose it.

3. The light we find in our lives comes from the interconnectedness within ourselves... with each other... and with the divine.

4. Today, the day after the longest night of the year, heralds a new year of reaching toward the light... each day dawning earlier and lasting longer... striving for the light without as well as within.

5. I could live happily in a world of ideas and discussion and debate and creating whole worlds out of mere thought.

6. I am frustrated by the limitations of being bound to the physical world. The daily mundane tasks that make up each day.

7. I need both physical and meta-physical things in my life for balance.

8. My son tethers me most definitely to the physical world while challenging me on a meta-physical level every day.

9. Some days, too much so. Yesterday I told him through the faint foreshadowing prickles of an oncoming migraine: "you are asking too many questions today". And it broke my heart to not be able to explain things to him so that he would understand.

10. He understands so much more than I realize! He is a treasure... a true light in the darkness.

11. Another day to remember the light that shines in the darkness is arriving quickly... a celebration of hope, of light, of connectedness of our place in the universe, and of the divine that lives in each of us and moves us forward.

I'm not going to tag anyone for this award (because some of them just did it!), but honor by mentioning those of whom I have recently appreciated their honesty and connection in blogging.

WackyMommy at WackyMommy


5 comments:

I'm tickled you dropped by! Leave a link to your email or webpage so I can respond. Thanks for chatting!


The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before.
The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.
~Rajneesh