The most sacred thing is a child's innocence;
his trust the most inviolate.
~ KN

winn's window / koreen photography

My photo
I'm a hobbyist photographer, a school counselor, a health junkie, and a mom. But above all, I'm just a woman living my truth. My biggest happiness in life is to savour each moment while it happens. That's all. That's everything.

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Winter Begins

The earth turns a bit on her axis
and biting calm steals over

She pulls up her cold white blanket and the rest of death begins
icy renewal
a fresh look to the long winding lane
gone are the dirty bushes
the scarred soil
naked trees now covered in modesty spread low, sharing their cast offs

sunlight glaring, glinting... bright glowing sparkles everywhere
too many, too many
crisp renewal screams the intoxicating radiance
heady, I keep driving
the shifting wind pushes me on
on, into the lustrous winter day


A Drop of Snow

2 comments:

  1. I had to laugh at your label ;) This was nice for something to do just because you're bored, or for any time. I love that photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your header and the snow photo. We are on our second snow day here but I was the meanest mother ever and sent them to school. They have the run of the place and, although they wouldn't admit it, they do have fun.

    ReplyDelete

I'm tickled you dropped by! Leave a link to your email or webpage so I can respond. Thanks for chatting!


The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before.
The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.
~Rajneesh