The most sacred thing is a child's innocence;
his trust the most inviolate.
~ KN

winn's window / koreen photography

My photo
I'm a hobbyist photographer, a school counselor, a health junkie, and a mom. But above all, I'm just a woman living my truth. My biggest happiness in life is to savour each moment while it happens. That's all. That's everything.

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Color Captured


This weeks assignment for
You Capture was color.

With the dynamic weather we have in the Maritimes in winter, I just knew there would come a day when the colors would go upside-down. On yesterday's mid-afternoon visit to a local beach, I was not disappointed.

The partly-cloudy sky with a weather system coming in gave me the following reversals:


Golden sky
Golden sky


Blue sand
Blue steel



These photos were taken several minutes apart, just long enough for the clouds to dissipate enough for some sun to break through.

Today's photo journey is brought to you by our January Thaw. Wait 10 minutes and it will change. Oh yes it will.

****************************************

To see more photos, click this button:

Photobucket

22 comments:

  1. Blue sand!! I love it. (I realize it's not really blue, but it's fun to see it that way!)

    btw... I just added myself as a follower. I was looking for you on my blogger dashboard and realized I hadn't officially made the "commitment." :) Now I have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous. I have been taking fewer photos lately because everything seems so grey. Thanks for the infusion of colour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes it will. For us it gets COLDER! (no, I'm not bitter, just bitterly cold.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great color shots. I love the blue sand.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Asolutely stunning! You are a fabulous photographer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those colors are AMAZING! Great shots.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the Golden Sky, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely! I think I recognize this beach ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, the first picture is so beautiful, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. simply breathtaking color. Your pictures are amazing. Great shots!

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful pictures. I so wish I lived near the sea - it's beautiful whatever the time of year

    ReplyDelete
  12. BEAUTIFUL!!!! I soooooooo want to visit out that way!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The reflection of the sky rippling in the water is stunning! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What beautiful colors! Fantastic shots!

    ReplyDelete
  15. very pretty - love love the colors.

    Kelly
    http://www.ivebecomemymother.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very nice! I am glad you can have some colour around you wherever you are! Here in the prairies I am having a very hard time trying to find some colour outside! Everything is so grey, white or black! :o( Can't wait for the Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your shots...and congrats on the new camera! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very Nice...It makes me wish I was there instead of the cold midwest.



    P.S. I just got the same camera.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Absoluetly beautiful! The lake is so peaceful and beautiful! I love the blue sand.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. I'm ready for spring too. We just got another 13 inches of snow. Hmmm, a DSLR...have fun!

    ReplyDelete

I'm tickled you dropped by! Leave a link to your email or webpage so I can respond. Thanks for chatting!


The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before.
The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.
~Rajneesh