The most sacred thing is a child's innocence;
his trust the most inviolate.
~ KN

winn's window / koreen photography

My photo
I'm a hobbyist photographer, a school counselor, a health junkie, and a mom. But above all, I'm just a woman living my truth. My biggest happiness in life is to savour each moment while it happens. That's all. That's everything.

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Love Captured


This weeks assignment (yay, I remembered!) for the You Capture from I Should Be Folding Laundry was "Love around your home". In my mind, this could mean almost anything, so I let it mean anything.

First of all, I just have to say that I loooooove my tripod. Without it, all my photos would look like I take pictures only in earthquakes during hurricanes. I'm a shaky person, what can I say?

Photobucket


Another thing I love is giraffes. I don't really get into the whole stuffed animal collection thing, and really do prefer real life giraffes, but my house isn't big enough for one. I checked. So, I have acquired a couple small ones, just to look at. They make me smile.

Photobucket


I love my teapot. Oh yeah, and I also love tea. Almost as much as I love coffee. (But I no longer have a coffee maker to show off because they don't come "WackyMummy-proof"; they're all breakable. Trust me.)

What I particularly love about this teapot is its white simplicity, and its beautiful curves. And I haven't broken it yet.

Photobucket


Finally, I can't resist mentioning my boy somewhere in this because, believe it or not, I love him. And this photo shows what a beautiful boy he is, inside as well as out: During a recent bedtime routine he ran out of his room and then raced back in. While climbing into bed he explained that he gave me Fisherman Bear so that I won't be lonely and sad in my bed while I sleep. As I saw he had a little bear with the same name in his bed, I thought he was just nattering and delaying bedtime. Going into my room later that evening, I found this little blue bear propped on my pillow.

Photobucket

His thoughtfulness and caring amaze me everyday.


****************************************

To see more photos, click this button:

Photobucket

29 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos! I'm a tea person, too. I love the teapot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you did with the giraffe pic. And that is such a sweet story about your little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "...and it isn't broken yet." Spoken like a true mom. Love it... and your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing the LOVE in your home today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photos! What a sweet story about you little boy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the teapot and I like that you photographed the tripod because, I agree, they're priceless. But most of all I loved the bear and the bear story. What a sweet boy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are great shots! :) It's sweet to see the different things that are special to different people. This was a great theme! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great photos! I'm getting started with the You Capture thingy if I can just figure out the linking. Good job on yours. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the story about the fisherman bear!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your giraffes!! Very cute!! Wonderful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What great captures! I love your processing on the giraffes. And your teapot is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aw, thanks for sharing this beauty today.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful! I love my tripod too. I totally get that!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I <3 your giraffes! The saturation really adds to the photo.
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. i love your teapot! i have just converted to ea drinking after being a long time coffee lover and i love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. awesome!! I love the photos. Did you say you had a point and shoot?? If so, amazing photos for a point and shoot!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful pics. How did you do that thing you did with the giraffe shot? Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love what you did with the giraffes. And who knew a plain, old, ordinary white teapot could look beautiful? Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the picture of the teapot. My son has a giant stuffed giraffe that's 4ft tall.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the photographs, particularly the wee bear. How sweet and lovely of your wee lad! xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. So sweet about the bear - and great photographs :D

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh I love the teapot picture, and the bear pic and story are just too sweet! Thanks or sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I really, really love the teapot!!

    ReplyDelete

I'm tickled you dropped by! Leave a link to your email or webpage so I can respond. Thanks for chatting!


The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before.
The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.
~Rajneesh