The most sacred thing is a child's innocence;
his trust the most inviolate.
~ KN

winn's window / koreen photography

My photo
I'm a hobbyist photographer, a school counselor, a health junkie, and a mom. But above all, I'm just a woman living my truth. My biggest happiness in life is to savour each moment while it happens. That's all. That's everything.

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Eeeeeeeeee!!!



I, surprisingly, haven't taken as many pictures as I normally do in the course of a week because I've had other things occupying my mind.... such as oh-my-god I got a new camera! I know I'm behind the times with this device, but it's my first DSLR, so I'm more than thrilled with the Canon iRebel xSi. Eeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!

So I've been just playing around with it, trying to figure it out, get used to it, learn the controls and settings.... And not a whole lot to show for it. This is what I have so far. I'm so looking forward to learning to get good with it. Hope you enjoy!




The thinker





My daddy


More wonderful photos await at Weekly Winners, hosted by the ever-talented Lotus.

Weekly Winners Information

25 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new camera! Love these shots. I have a soft spot for black and white photos. That first one is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeeeeeee! is right! Congratulations on the new camera!! I am beyond jealous, I mean happy for you ;) Your shots were already beautiful, but with your new camera they will become masterpieces! Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, lucky, lucky you! Have fun using the new camera. I look forward to seeing the results.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the new camera! Both photos are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy the new camera. Both shots are great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That second one is frame worthy! {love}

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAY!!!! You have a DSLR NOW!!!!!! Sweet!! I have a Nikon DSLR :D I can't wait to see what you come up with now!!! AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Horray for a new camera! I TOTALLY have camera envy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the new camera! Love those shots!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So Lucky! Love the shots :)
    I wanted to take a drive to the shore this weekend but got too busy with things around the house. When I see all the landmarks in your photos, it really makes me happy. Thanks for sharing Wacky!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Those are fantastic! Congrats on the new camera, you lucky girl.

    ... So you're shipping me the Rebel when, exactly? :P

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay!! That's so exciting! :) Congratulations!!!
    Those pictures are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. totes jealous of your new camera! i heart the first shot, love black and white.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those are lovely shots!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful! I got that same camera for Christmas and still don't really know what I'm doing. I'm taking a class this week and I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats on your new camera. Love the black and white photo.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your son's red jacket and blue hat (and his sweet smile!) are really gorgeous against that white snow. =>

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and commenting. I just got a DSLR too about, what fun.I got a Rebel just a different model. I'm following you and look forward to seeing what you'll be posting next.

    ReplyDelete
  19. YAY NEW CAMERA! What sweet photos to kick off WWs with the new equipment. Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  20. They came out perfectly ! real nice !
    Congrats to your new camera !

    ReplyDelete
  21. Finally - I can post a comment in your comment box! Just in time to say WOW!!! New camera - and already great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm just noticing the Amazon box you have in your sidebar - is this new, and does it make any income for you? I've thought about adding one, also - just wondering how you like it? (Hope I'm not being nosy!)

    ReplyDelete
  23. CONGRATULATIONS! Aren't new toys the best?

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the shots...can't wait to see more of your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  25. These are AWESOME!

    Absolutely outstanding! You have the eye for this -- and someone should be paying you!

    ReplyDelete

I'm tickled you dropped by! Leave a link to your email or webpage so I can respond. Thanks for chatting!


The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before.
The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.
~Rajneesh