The most sacred thing is a child's innocence;
his trust the most inviolate.
~ KN

winn's window / koreen photography

My photo
I'm a hobbyist photographer, a school counselor, a health junkie, and a mom. But above all, I'm just a woman living my truth. My biggest happiness in life is to savour each moment while it happens. That's all. That's everything.

Friday, January 8, 2010

Uh Oh! And Now I've Got To Clean Up This Mess!

This blog started out as a semi-anonymous way to put a leash on Little Wack who resides rather tempestuously in my brain, let her out into the backyard of the internet to do her thing, get some air, run off that excess energy and vent (a lot) so that she would sleep a little better and I could retain the shreds of sanity I have left. It was my way of living in and trying to figure out how to adjust to a very peculiar local culture.  Because, hey, I'm a city girl from the outskirts of Los Angeles now living in the isolated Maritime redneck woods. (By the way, rednecks are awfully proud of their red necks and love to be mentioned and celebrated... which I try to do at every opportunity.)

I thought my little experiment was working, and rather brilliantly at that!  In fact, I have not been committed to any institution, I have made a few friends, have a schedule going, do not count the minutes until I can pop those lifesaving sleeping pills at night, and I'm not on large doses of experimental brain-altering medications.  I'd say success!

Until last night.

When I found a personally-acquainted local resident peeking over the fence into the internet backyard and not liking what she saw. "Tell your friend to rein in your mutt," she declared to a friend of mine (because apparently we work on the sixth-grade communication system here), "or I'll have her reined in myself!" And holding up a baggy of doo-doo she presented her evidence.

Wahoo! I've received my first hate-email about my blog. Unfortunately, as it is a personal attack on myself and the author of said email identified herself (but failed to leave me any contact information so that I could respond personally and directly without making a big public mess of it) I will not post it to preserve privacy.

Whoops! My bad. I forgot to clean up Wack's little indiscretions. While my attention was focused elsewhere (maintaining sanity, finding myself, etc), I failed to notice that the doo Wack was leaving was too pronounced and specific and actually offensive to some. My assessment that her doo would blend in with the other doos out there was in fact incorrect.

I've left a mess on the internet and now I've got to clean it up.

I just wish I wasn't so lazy.

5 comments:

  1. Once again, I love the labels you put on your posts!

    This is your space, and should not have to rein anything in. Sorry you got hate mail... but I hear that means you've hit the big time in blogging ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think you should rein anything in either. It's your space, your freedom. If people don't like it, keep clicking on to something else! I will tell you my blog is partly why my mother hasn't talked to me in over a year (and my dad, too). But I'm entitled to my opinion and perspective just like they are. And if I choose to share it in this venue--one of millions of blogger voices out there--who cares?
    Stay strong!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh that's a tough one--good luck on that. I don't know what I'd do if I got a e-hate mail :(

    I have found nothing offensive on your blog--I enjoy it very much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Offensive? I've never been offended about anything you write.
    This is your space and you shouldn't have to 'rein' anything in! I enjoy reading your blog and if others don't, well then they should go elsewhere!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here's a positive for you to make up for the not so nice: LOVE the new title picture and font! Haven't been on here in a while (or my own)but love the new look! Ignore the nasties. They are probably insecure and nasty to everyone. Have a good day! :)

    ReplyDelete

I'm tickled you dropped by! Leave a link to your email or webpage so I can respond. Thanks for chatting!


The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before.
The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.
~Rajneesh