The most sacred thing is a child's innocence;
his trust the most inviolate.
~ KN

winn's window / koreen photography

My photo
I'm a hobbyist photographer, a school counselor, a health junkie, and a mom. But above all, I'm just a woman living my truth. My biggest happiness in life is to savour each moment while it happens. That's all. That's everything.

Sunday, January 10, 2010

this morning



last night the images were sharp

clear

real

it was large as life

and I saw with clarity

as if with new eyes


this morning

the faint echoes

(of your presence)

awoke me

they were faded, receding

I grasped at them

but they left

like mist curling in the air


last night I saw

I heard

I felt

(I felt)


this morning

I wept





Copyright 2010, by Koreen W. Naugler. All rights reserved.

8 comments:

  1. what an awesome poem. Thanks for sharing it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an image of longing you write.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ... and another talent from the Wacky Mummy emerges. You are an inspiration... Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This made me want to cry. Beautifully written.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was a very beautiful poem.

    Hugs and Mocha,
    Stesha

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful. So much it can cover. Wow.

    ReplyDelete

I'm tickled you dropped by! Leave a link to your email or webpage so I can respond. Thanks for chatting!


The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before.
The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.
~Rajneesh