The most sacred thing is a child's innocence;
his trust the most inviolate.
~ KN

winn's window / koreen photography

My photo
I'm a hobbyist photographer, a school counselor, a health junkie, and a mom. But above all, I'm just a woman living my truth. My biggest happiness in life is to savour each moment while it happens. That's all. That's everything.

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Edit In Pink


The photo of pink meant to bring me a sense of spring might have jinxed me. I'm miffed and vaguely unsettled this morning. It might be the -30 celsius and colder temperatures that has us gripped in in it's frozen claw. It might be my routine is disrupted. It might be that on the other side of the world a butterfly fluttered its wings. I don't know.

This photo

(sooc)
In the pink

just isn't cutting it for me. It's not cheering me up.

The light isn't right.

After a high pass filter, levels adjustment layer, brightness adjustment layer, hue/saturation adjustment layer, desaturation mask, a couple color fill layers, a photo filter adjustment layer... I think I saw the light.

And very possibly something that cheers me up.

Edit:

Pink


There. Now I feel better.


**************************

Taken with my Canon Rebel XSi, and edited with PS Elements.




15 comments:

  1. beautiful and subtle! well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great edit...love the soft tones...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job! And now can we just move on to spring? Please?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great edit. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that your edit makes it look like it's actually spring outside right now! Can I just jump into your photo's weather? I also love how subtle your edit is; clean and simple!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the way the tones have really emerged in your edit. So beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice and bright -- looks much more "spring" like! :) I love the bright light reflecting off the back wall, too! lol! I'm missing the sun... :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful edit, I love the "feel" you gave it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is most defiantly cheer worthy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Definitely cheerful! Beautiful edit!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like the softness with your edit.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your edit is wonderful! Definitely cheers it up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great edit! Love the brightness and colors!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love it, Koreen...wishing you a quick-arriving spring!

    Hugs,
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete

I'm tickled you dropped by! Leave a link to your email or webpage so I can respond. Thanks for chatting!


The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before.
The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.
~Rajneesh