The most sacred thing is a child's innocence;
his trust the most inviolate.
~ KN

winn's window / koreen photography

My photo
I'm a hobbyist photographer, a school counselor, a health junkie, and a mom. But above all, I'm just a woman living my truth. My biggest happiness in life is to savour each moment while it happens. That's all. That's everything.

Thursday, February 10, 2011

His Heart... Again


I feel like being subtle today. It doesn't happen often, and maybe it's an over-compensation from buying my own little espresso brewer (it looks like a french press) and over-caffeinating myself this morning. I'm buzzing.

Seriously, my brain is tingling.

And when that happens, bad things happen.

So I'm reining it in. Or, at least, trying to.

SOOC:
Hearts


After completing the following steps...

1. High pass, 16 pixels (soft light, 61% opacity)
2. Color curves adjustment, erase the hand (normal, 61% opacity)
3. Photo filter adjustment layer, sepia tone, 65% (screen, 22% opacity)
4. Photo filter adjustment layer, cooling filter #82, 25%; erase the hand (normal, 49% opacity)
5. Drag previous photo filter to make a copy and paint back in the thumb (normal, 28% opacity)
6. Hue/Saturation adjustment layer, +7 lightness, erase the hearts (normal, 51% opacity)
7. Watermark, eyedropper tool to match the background color (multiply, 38% opacity)


... tweak as needed.



Hearts


See? Easy as pie for a subtle edit!




**************************

Taken with my Canon Rebel XSi, and edited with PS Elements.





20 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you kept it subtle...when I'm buzzing like that, I feel strange, but then I crash...so I try not to do it that often. Either way, I love your edit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really really great edit! Nice and subtle, but just the punch it needed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The crop is really great and i love the subtle light adjustment. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! My favorite part? That you cropped and edited to bring that sweet little hand to the forefront! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes subtle is all you need! Great edit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the natural edit and neat heart idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. great subtle edit! now, no crashing after that buzzing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was such a well shot image to begin with. The detail in the thumb is fantastic and I like that you were able to lighten the lined paper while maintaining the colour and texture of the paper hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea...love the subtle edit!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice edit - I think subtle is exactly what it needed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's such a subtle edit! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful shot and edit, Koreen! I seriously want to make some of those hearts!

    Hugs,
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sometimes all it takes is a subtle edit. Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice subtle edit but what a difference. I still love this shot!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yep...I agree with all the ladies about great subtle edit and a great shot!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You know, I recently finally made my way to a consignment shop a little outside of town and what did they have there, but a little stovetop espresso maker! Oh how I wanted it, but I already have my grandfather's cafeteria from Italy which is an heirloom and I treasure it and adore it and use it... BUT I need to make at least 4 shots of espresso in it at a time for all the measurements to taste right and that makes me more than buzz!!!!

    Love these days when you run down the edits- now if only I could figure out how to do all that on PS elements! Stealthily inconspicuous, but delightful shot.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice edit. :)

    Marla @ www.blueskiesphotoblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. The subtle edit is perfect. Love the details captured.

    ReplyDelete

I'm tickled you dropped by! Leave a link to your email or webpage so I can respond. Thanks for chatting!


The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before.
The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.
~Rajneesh