The most sacred thing is a child's innocence;
his trust the most inviolate.
~ KN

winn's window / koreen photography

My photo
I'm a hobbyist photographer, a school counselor, a health junkie, and a mom. But above all, I'm just a woman living my truth. My biggest happiness in life is to savour each moment while it happens. That's all. That's everything.

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Romance And Love Revisited (After Some Help From The Booze Fairy)


*Super-creepy update: Almost as soon as my photos were uploaded to flickr they were viewed and added to a flickr page called "child of the 80's" which, upon my viewing, appeared to consist solely of the photos of young boys and young adult guy-on-guy action. I've increased the privacy of these photos to "friends and family", so if you cannot view these, that's why. I'm angry and creeped out and grossed out that my beautiful little boy's pictures were even temporarily at the view of pedophile-type people. Yuck! I need to go and cry in a corner now.

************************

After a major attitude adjustment (think: adult drinky-poo) and some major photoshop adjustment, I found a little romance.

And since, like most days, I went a little overboard with the photoshopping, I'm not putting down the detes of what I did. However, if you request the steps I took with any (or all) the photos, I'll be happy to make a new post with the instructions. There's already a lot for today with just the photos!

So, please, enjoy. Or don't. Either way, welcome! (To see larger sooc, click on the photo to be directed to my flickr page. Just don't forget to come back!)

sooc:
Romance


elaborate edit:
Rings of fantasy
"It was beginning with you that I said yes to the world." ~ Paul Eluard


sooc:
The bouquet


simple edit:
Romance


butterdream edit:
Buttercream roses




sooc:



simple edit:
My boy!


dreamy edit:
My heart lives in this body




Honestly, I usually prefer my simple edits -- an exception to the rule is the dreamy edit of my son--, but I was trying to spice things up a bit for you. You're welcome. (I told you I go overboard sometimes....)




**************************

Taken with my Canon Rebel XSi, and edited with PS Elements.




19 comments:

  1. totally creepy what happened in Flickr. Glad you fixed it. Great edits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have freaked out if that happened on flickr. Sorry to hear about that. I really like your edits, especially the ones of your son. That dreamy edit is great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so dreadful - and on flickr too! I loved those sooc shots of your son at the begining of the week. The edits I could see to day were lovely especially of the Eiffel tower - that's my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The edits of your son are GORGEOUS!!!! How creepy with flickr. Who knew?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The edits of your son are gorgeous. I have a 5yo son and am totally creeped out by your flickr story.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh -- this world is so so aweful!! While any bit of time is too long -- I'm so glad you discovered it quickly and got them removed!

    All these shots are wonderful -- but I'm loving the Eiffel tower one the best!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ghah - why do weirdos have to invade good wholesome places on the net like Flickr? There are soo sooooo many seedy ones for them to...visit - ick! I am so sorry that happened!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE the eiffel tower edit! So cool. And all of your simple edits are just perfect, just the right touch. It's amazing what a little editing will do. It just boosts the already great picture.

    I can't even talk about the creepy people...ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your edits! I especially love the Eiffel Tower edit! Beautiful!

    Kayla Faye
    Struttin' My Stuff Photography
    strutmystuffphotography.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the first picture! turned out beautiful in the edit. Frame worthy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous edits!! You did a fabulous job. Thanks for inspiring me this week. :)

    And - ick!!! on the Flickr thing. Did you report the group? Thinking I may adjust some of my setting just to be on the safe side. I hate how a couple of jerks can ruin the fun for the rest of us.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Okay, first: ACK! What an awful thing, thank goodness you discovered it right away! I am so sorry you had to deal with that. I have all of the pics with my kid's faces on flickr (except for a very few) set so that only I can see them. If you set them first like that... and then grab them for your blog they'll show up here. ;) That said, I can't see most of your pics above. I think if you went back and grabbed the code again it would work.

    Your edit of the roses is lovely, I like those muted colors. It looks so vintage.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful edit - love what you did with the eiffel tower - and your boy.

    How did you learn your photos where added to that page?? I have a lot of photos of my boys on flickr.

    ReplyDelete
  14. the edits of your son ARE exactly what this challenge is about - GOOD TO WOW!!! great job - love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The first photo reminds me of a postcard. I like your b/w and full colour images equally which I find curious because I usually sway one way or the other.

    Makes me mad every time I think about what happened with your Flickr pics. More hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow!! Great edits!! I love the first one! Wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So sorry about the perv's stealing your photos...glad you found out about it!

    Love the Eiffel Tower edit!

    Wendy

    ReplyDelete

I'm tickled you dropped by! Leave a link to your email or webpage so I can respond. Thanks for chatting!


The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before.
The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.
~Rajneesh