Someone finished up speech therapy today.
Someone wrote a "note" to his speech therapist and brought cut out hearts his daddy made. (Yes, let's all just say "Awww!" and get it over with.)
The sounds /k/, /g/, and /s/ are now being heard every single day, all day long. It's a great thing for him to be talking and knowing that everyone can understand him, not just me.... but now it doesn't stop. Not at all during the day. Actually, now, it's all day long, and yes, he even talks in his sleep. So it doesn't stop at night.
Yes, I've learned my lesson: be careful what you wish for.
Oh, yes, I've learned.


lol! sorry for laughing. been there. done that and still relishing in the silence once they are sound asleep.
ReplyDeletesweet SOOC shot!
Awww...so sweet - the hearts. Well, and sometimes the chatter too! :-)
ReplyDeleteI did say awwwww, even before I read that you typed that!
ReplyDeleteThe only time my kids are quiet is when they are sleeping. And sometimes not even then. :)
Love your SOOC shot!
Such a sweet photo and I am chuckling at the "be careful what you wish for." My son has unfortunately inherited my chattiness and also occasionally talks in his sleep. :)
ReplyDeletelove your SOOC shot & that your hubby cut the hearts out, so awwwwwww!! happy to hear he is chatting the world up, though it may be like a broken record to you at some points i'm sure it is still like the sound of sweet sweet music!
ReplyDeleteBless your heart, but I do love this shot!
ReplyDeleteOh, I've learned that lesson! All my kids talk and move around WAY TOO MUCH!
ReplyDeleteBut what a great accomplishment!
AWE! So sweet! I have four children so I understand about the talking part : ) Look forward to seeing the edit!
ReplyDeleteAww! How sweet!
ReplyDeleteI love the hearts...glad your little guy has found his voice!
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Wendy
Hahaha! I have been there, twice!
ReplyDeleteThis is such a great shot!
ReplyDeleteOur oldest has been in speech therapy for half his life. It is VERY exciting to hear how they progress, and being able to communicate without mommy having to translate... such a beautiful thing!
ReplyDeletethis is a perfect photo love the DOF and the camera angle. Waiting to see you edit
ReplyDeleteI know your pain. My Little Dude is obsessed with Phonics (learned from his JK class). He enunciates the last sound of his words and sometimes even tries to correct my pronunciation. It's driving me insane! I want to echo the awwwww's ... I'm a sucker for crafty boys/men : )
ReplyDelete