The most sacred thing is a child's innocence;
his trust the most inviolate.
~ KN

winn's window / koreen photography

My photo
I'm a hobbyist photographer, a school counselor, a health junkie, and a mom. But above all, I'm just a woman living my truth. My biggest happiness in life is to savour each moment while it happens. That's all. That's everything.

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Christmas Decorations Captured

I've been rather distracted and busy lately... something to do with Christmas. Ever heard of it? No? I didn't think so.

It has enveloped my days and nights. I haven't been getting out in the bloggy world as much as I'd like to because, well, of what I'm going to show you here. I try to follow the You Capture meme over at I Should Be Folding Laundry because it's just fun and I love to take pictures. This week's assignment (yes, I noticed the next week challenge for the first time ever!) is about Christmas, so I figured that I could probably join in because I just took eighty thousand photos of Christmas stuff anyway, and have been really utterly engrossed in the editing and playing around with. Yes, I have to focus on editing because my camera (a point and shoot Kodak EasyShare) has severe limitations... the biggest being the damn auto-focus. But I try to work with it anyway. So without further ado, here are my photos from the week that I'm most happy with.

I love the bright red berries and glittering gold of my simple "carelessly scattered" decorations around the living room. I can't find an affordable bough-type garland I'm happy with (and the real one I used last year scattered needles everywhere that I'm STILL FINDING, so no more real ones! ever!), so I stuck with the simple decorations.

100_6145


Black and white snowflake

100_6120


Dancing colorful snowflake... I love how the lights turned out.

100_6194


My favorite so far. I don't really know how the red stripes happened, but here they are. It really is as much a trick of the light as it was me editing the light spectrum.

100_6246


This one I just changed the hue a bit, and the gold just popped.

100_6104


****************************************

The bokeh effect (which I just discovered I could do... by accident, of course!) also consumed me, but I probably should save it for another day... like maybe tomorrow! (Because I have way too much here as it is...)

****************************************

To see more photos, click this button:

Photobucket

16 comments:

  1. WOW! I can't believe you got these with a Kodak easyshare! That's unbelievable - these are absolutely wonderful. You have a great talent!

    I've been thinking of taking photos of our "special" ornaments and giving the details of their specialness to pass on to the boys (or probably their wives). Before I forget entirely. Anyway, your photos inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GORGEOUS. 100% gorgeous. Love your colors and tones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are incredible -- I can't even decide which is my favorite! I think the first one...although maybe the one with the dancing lights...or the black and white one. See what I mean?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are wonderful! I love the last two shots the most. The red stripes are pretty incredible, even if you didn't mean to do them :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love every.single.picture! Great editing too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow... those are some great photos. Great captures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! These are amazing. My favorite is the last shot.

    ReplyDelete
  8. both your decorations and images are breathtaking. We have the same crystal snowflake. Now everytime I look at it I'll think of my bloggy friend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your photos are gorgeous!! Wow!! nice work, I have a Kodak Easyshare with automatic focus too and it drives me crazy. Maybe Santa will bring each of us a new camera!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How pretty! I adore your taste in decorations--the snowflake is awesome and I too like the simple stuff. My faux pine boughs went the way of the thrift store this year for the same reason.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that black and white one, but they're all gorgeous. What kind of camera do you use??

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow!! I love that black and white snow flake. It is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  13. love them!! and a point and shoot, wow ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely pictures! I have new hope for my little point and shoot, though clearly I need to learn some editing skills beyond 'crop' and 'red eye'. :)

    ReplyDelete

I'm tickled you dropped by! Leave a link to your email or webpage so I can respond. Thanks for chatting!


The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before.
The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.
~Rajneesh