The most sacred thing is a child's innocence;
his trust the most inviolate.
~ KN

winn's window / koreen photography

My photo
I'm a hobbyist photographer, a school counselor, a health junkie, and a mom. But above all, I'm just a woman living my truth. My biggest happiness in life is to savour each moment while it happens. That's all. That's everything.

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Size Does Matter

I've been watching this mushroom that's been growing in a big oak tree in my back yard over the past month, and due to the mild weather and lots of moisture it has, well, mushroomed.
Check out it's size and beauty.

100_5842



100_5823




16 comments:

  1. Wow, amazing photos! That mushroom is huge... weird things mushrooms... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nature really is amazing! Love the countdown too:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I love the texture of mushrooms--they are so detailed--I could never capture the beauty of one like you did.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great shots! LOVE the texture in the last three!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The mushroom is cool, but your great photos make it look like a sea creature!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice shots of the mushroom. We have plenty here too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. whoa now that's a mushroom!! You took beautiful shots!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's some mushroom! I like the last shot the best.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What wonderful pics! It is huge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Normally mushrooms creep me out (though I love them when cooked....) but that's quite an impressive shroom.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great pictures! It sure is big, I love taking pictures of nature also!

    ReplyDelete
  12. that mushroom is HUGE. Just wondering if you are going to eat it? I have heard that there are a few you can eat, but you would want to know for certain that yours is edible. I don't know much about mushroom....

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thats an amazing mushroom! WOW...huge and great shots!

    happy ww!

    ReplyDelete

I'm tickled you dropped by! Leave a link to your email or webpage so I can respond. Thanks for chatting!


The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before.
The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.
~Rajneesh