I've come to a crossroads. But it's more of a crossroads in the mist, because I can't yet see clearly. I can only see where I've been, not where I'm traveling.
I've found myself more reserved online lately, with less to say. Yet with more about which to think.
Think. Think. Think.
I'm thunk out.
I'm ready for a change.
I'm not the same "girl" I was when I loaded up my piece of crap Tempo and drove by myself from Nowhere, Alberta to Southern California for a new adventure... a new life. I'm not the same person who jumped out of an airplane and on almost every opportunity that came my way, just to see where it led.
To sum up, I'm not as ballsy as I once was, as impetuous, as adventurous. But with maturity comes restraint. Sometimes even wisdom. At least experience. (And experience is one damn good teacher!)
But my biggest enemy right now (yes, it's important with any strategy to identify the enemy--know what you're up against) is lack of confidence. I've kind of gone to the other end of the spectrum: instead of jumping on, or better yet--creating, opportunities, I'm basically sitting around hoping for something to happen. And so far what I've learned in life is that things do not just happen. I've got to make them happen.
Guess what I've made happen.
Go on. Guess.
That's right: nothing.
Okay, not just nothing. I've found a community and discovered a new direction for myself. I guess I'm trying to figure out what to next do to get there.
(Are you curious? This change has to do with my new love of photography.)
(Are you curious? This change has to do with my new love of photography.)
I'm ready for this change. I just wish I knew how.
That's all.
That's all.

I'm willing to bet you'll do wonderfully at whatever change you decide to make. You can do it. You go girl :)
ReplyDeleteYou go girl! Let me know if I can help ...
ReplyDeleteCheers,
Valerie
Whatever change you make I'm sure it will be great.
ReplyDeleteGood luck! Just do it--one life, one shot at it, go for it!
ReplyDeleteI feel the same way, in certain ways. It is easy to say "go for it" but I know it's more complicated. Good luck and I hope you find your bliss.:)
ReplyDeleteI totally get where you are coming from. I'm kind of in the same place and I'm starting to make little changes that will hopefully add up to one big change.
ReplyDeleteGo for it!