I'm in a grump. A real big grump. It's about my camera. I'm falling out of love with it.
I used to love taking pictures and lately... not so much. You see, it's the focus. Or me. I think I broke the focus. Awhile back my photos were all coming out with a soft focus. I couldn't get that clear sharp edge. I studied the manual. I studied the internet. I thought I was doing everything right. Then I figured out that the camera needed adjusting. Off it went to the camera shop, and presto-changeo... a mere three weeks later (or an eternity to me), the focus was adjusted and my sharp clear photos were back.
I think I bumped my camera again. Soft focus is back. Blur is back. Either that or I need contacts or new eyeballs.
I don't even feel like using my camera now, but I'm still trying to overcome this new obstacle. It helps alot that Ayanna is very sweet. And mischievous. (See the ornament in the background? The one on the floor, not where it's supposed to be.)
But then she gives me this look and I can't scold her.
I'm a sucker, I know.

I have 3 cats, and they are all experts at that very same look! The one they try to use to get out of trouble! Very nice photos!
ReplyDeleteI don't know how many times I've chased my cat out of the Christmas tree.
ReplyDeleteGreat shots!!!
I guess I'm not seeing the focus problem in these pics. Could be because I have crazy bad vision. ;) Anyhow, what a bummer about the camera.
ReplyDeleteCats are cute and all, but I'd die if one got into my tree. It's one of the reasons we don't have a cat, although I think about it from time to time.
LOL - this is so my cat...Kitty Paw does the same thing. She thinks Christmas is a gift to her because we put up a tree.
ReplyDeleteThe only consolation I can offer is, the more I learn about photography the more snobby I get about my focus. Have you tried laying a tape measure down, getting at a really low angle and aiming for a certain spot just to see where it lands? But I can't believe this, you just got it back!
ReplyDeleteAlso, do you toggle your focus points instead of focusing and recomposing? That was a huge improvement for me.
That is one beautiful kitty you've got there. Your focus looks perfect on the first shot, the second one I can't quite tell (maybe your shutter speed was a bit slow on that one? or is that the "softness" you're talking about).
(If I'm a pain in the ass just tell me)
I cannot help you with camera stuff--I'm helpless and hopeless. But that is one gorgeous cat.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful shots!
ReplyDeleteYour kitty is beautiful (and looks to be in focus to me too, but I'm over 40!)...
ReplyDeleteWendy