The most sacred thing is a child's innocence;
his trust the most inviolate.
~ KN

winn's window / koreen photography

My photo
I'm a hobbyist photographer, a school counselor, a health junkie, and a mom. But above all, I'm just a woman living my truth. My biggest happiness in life is to savour each moment while it happens. That's all. That's everything.

Saturday, July 16, 2011

How I Did It (Another Long Tutorial)


Just for fun, I wanted to play with texture yesterday, especially since I found out I could put my macro attachment on my 50 mm f/1.8 lens. Here's what I did. (Click on the small screen-shots to see them enlarged.)

I started with, I thought, a great photo. (135mm, 1/200, f/4, ISO 1600)

What life is like...


Then, I opened it in PS Elements 6 (my go-to program for anything and everything) and resized it.














I opened up my texture file (which I made myself) and dragged a layer over to my cherry image. (By the way, this texture is a photo of my jeans taken with my macro attachment, and made into b/w.)


























I put the first layer of texture in Color Burn at 18% opacity.














Then I dragged another texture layer over and put it in Screen at 47% opacity.













The third texture layer I dragged over I put in Soft Light at 71% opacity.













This third texture layer I put a filter on: I used Stylize and Emboss at 135 degrees, 23 pixels, 99%.


























For final touches I put a photo filter adjustment layer in Magenta, 25% density, and 25% opacity in Normal mode.













Then I threw in my watermark with the letter color matching the background in Multiply.















That's it.


Voila.



But in the end... seriously... I prefer the SOOC.



1 comment:

  1. I never would have guessed jeans but it looks cool. I actually love your original but the texture adds an interesting effect.

    ReplyDelete

I'm tickled you dropped by! Leave a link to your email or webpage so I can respond. Thanks for chatting!


The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before.
The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.
~Rajneesh