The most sacred thing is a child's innocence;
his trust the most inviolate.
~ KN

winn's window / koreen photography

My photo
I'm a hobbyist photographer, a school counselor, a health junkie, and a mom. But above all, I'm just a woman living my truth. My biggest happiness in life is to savour each moment while it happens. That's all. That's everything.

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Food 'N Stuff

I've been looking high and low (on the internet anyway) for good healthy recipes... something to satisfy my highly-discriminating tastes (read: picky-eater) and entice The Boy to eat something healthy and not just cheese. I think I may have found the motherlode at Cheap Healthy Good.

Just scanning the recipes there made my heart flutter with excitement. I saw an extreme number of recipes for chicken (pretty much the only meat I eat), including (calm down... breathe deep... be still my heart) curries and spicy Mexican food... some of my all-time favorites! I've been known to squirt a bit of Sriracha Chili Sauce directly on my tongue for a bit of spice. I like my curries to make people's eyes water when the lid comes off the dish.... Not that I'll find that level of spice there, but a good recipe can be punched up with an (over)abundance of chili powder in a pinch. So, happy me!

I don't actually give The Boy that kind of spicy food, although he has shown some interest in it despite an unfortunate incident when he was a baby involving a cheerio and an accidental miniscule smear of tabasco sauce (we were eating out... can happen to anyone...). Anyways....

**********************

BTW: Thanks for the suggestions for my template. As soon as I can get my head up for air over the next few days I'll be able to do some serious research. :)

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm tickled you dropped by! Leave a link to your email or webpage so I can respond. Thanks for chatting!


The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before.
The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.
~Rajneesh