I've been seeing this ad on my blog page for several days and it finally really got my attention last night. So I checked it out. In case you, dear reader, haven't noticed (or the ad changes), it's about potty-training your child in only 3 days.
Glory hallalujah! The promised land!
So of course I had to see. (And no, the creator of this method didn't put me up to this... I don't even know if she knows. I mean, I did send her an email that I was going to publicly document our progress... but anyways....)
I've been really really wanting Evan potty-trained, but had given up trying. For one thing, I don't know how. For another, I'm short on patience and tolerance, not to mention confidence in the whole mommy thing. All the advice in the world, and there was plenty, did not instill confidence in my ability to handle it. I don't like messes. And I don't deal well with failure. And this would be all about messes (Evan's) and failure (mine). I'm more than confident in Evan's readiness for this process. I mean, for cryin' out loud, he's almost 3! I'm more worried that if I don't know what I'm doing, I'm only going to hinder and confuse him.
So this website promotes a way to do it in only 3 days. Even I have that much patience, so I thought I'd give it a try. I paid the fee, accessed the information, and prepared. By preparation I mean running all my errands, getting incentives and rewards, going over and over my mental plan, and getting the cupboards stocked for the time we're "confined". (It's important we stay focused on our goal, so I'm "going by the book".) I let the day care and babysitter know what we're doing, and they're on board. I got groceries, returned unopened packs of training pants, and hit the liquor store. I'm ready! ;) (So far today, it's been all about the accidents, but that's okay... I'm "letting" Evan clean up his own messes.)
For the next 3 to 5 days I will persevere. And if we can do it, anyone can.
The most sacred thing is a child's innocence;
his trust the most inviolate.
~ KN
winn's window / koreen photography
- koreen (aka: winn)
- I'm a hobbyist photographer, a school counselor, a health junkie, and a mom. But above all, I'm just a woman living my truth. My biggest happiness in life is to savour each moment while it happens. That's all. That's everything.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.
~Rajneesh
Well good luck to you! I this works out well and you have your little one using the potty by Monday :)
ReplyDelete"...and hit the liquor store. I'm ready! ;) "...This part made me chuckle.
Can't wait for the progress reports. I'm dithering over starting for many the same reasons, although Ewok isn't quite 2.5 yet, but still...
ReplyDeleteGood luck and if it work that will be be next get my big little one trained.
ReplyDelete