The most sacred thing is a child's innocence;
his trust the most inviolate.
~ KN

winn's window / koreen photography

My photo
I'm a hobbyist photographer, a school counselor, a health junkie, and a mom. But above all, I'm just a woman living my truth. My biggest happiness in life is to savour each moment while it happens. That's all. That's everything.

Sunday, March 29, 2009

What Really Happened To the Dinosaurs

Due to my recent intensive studying of all things dino (because The Boy eats, breathes, and lives dinosaurs), I'm familiar with most of the theories of why the dinosaurs became extinct. Some scientists believe that there was a mass extinction event, like a very VERY large meteor striking the earth, causing the equivalent of a nuclear winter, triggering an ice age and blotting out the lives of most cold-blooded creatures. Other scientists think it might have been just an ordinary ice age that did it. Still other scientists believe that dinosaurs evolved into birds.



They are all wrong.



The Boy and I know what really happened:



They got lost.



That's it. That's all that happened to the dinosaurs. They got lost. They are out there still. I know this because I keep finding them. They're everywhere. Witness:







4 comments:

  1. You are so funny. I love reading your blog. I wish i could write like you. have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is some funny stuff right there!! I do that too, except it's with cars.
    I was sent by Jack, who thinks you could give me some much needed potty tips as I'm just starting potty training with my youngest. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the one that fell over may have died from toy suffocation. Death by Rescue Hero bin or some such travesty. I'm so sorry for your loss!

    Glad you found me! And now I found you, too. And that makes me incredibly happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our dinosaurs go around eating the cavemen. Must remember to take pictures next time Ewok has the duplo out *lol*

    For the nights, at the moment I'm 'waking' him around 2-3 hrs after he goes to bed, which doesn't really wake him, so he settles again straight away. But he's then waking up howling and sodden 3-4 hrs after that. Problem is that I don't know if he's having a HUGE pee then, or just dribbling until he's so sodden it wakes him up. Either way he then takes about an hour to settle again and I'm not allowed to leave until he does. I'm going to have to try sleeping in the room with him tonight. If that doesn't work I may well admit defeat on the nights and put him back in pull ups at night.

    ReplyDelete

I'm tickled you dropped by! Leave a link to your email or webpage so I can respond. Thanks for chatting!


The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before.
The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.
~Rajneesh