"Welcome to a new day, my little whiny boy.
No, my sweet one, I'm not a morning person. No, I'm not happy that you kicked me half the night because you were scared to sleep alone and absolutely HAD to crawl into my bed. No, it didn't please me that you couldn't tell me this morning that you had to pee so instead peed in your nighttime diaper which overflowed and made a Big Mess on the couch. No, I don't understand how you are so chipper and energetic first thing in the morning but you still are somehow unable to comprehend the mechanics of pulling down your pants. No, I don't expect you to master buttons right away, but whining and crying about it takes all the joy out of undoing your buttons for me. No, I don't necessarily expect you to follow my directions at the first prompt, but I DO expect you to at least pretend I'm not speaking another language.... No, I'm not mad anymore.
Yes, I still love you."
The most sacred thing is a child's innocence;
his trust the most inviolate.
~ KN
winn's window / koreen photography
- koreen (aka: winn)
- I'm a hobbyist photographer, a school counselor, a health junkie, and a mom. But above all, I'm just a woman living my truth. My biggest happiness in life is to savour each moment while it happens. That's all. That's everything.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.
~Rajneesh
Nice! I miss having little ones around but I don't miss being peed on or kept up all night.
ReplyDeleteGreat post :)
O I relate all to well that me every night. With two of them BuT i keep telling my self one day they will be BIG and then i will want them to be small so i need to think sleep is over rated... going to the bathroom ... who need privicy??? the 3 p's one day i won't have to clean it up. but man i love my boys. So I so know where you are.......... saw you on fb had missed ya.
ReplyDeleteThanks. :)
ReplyDelete