The most sacred thing is a child's innocence;
his trust the most inviolate.
~ KN

winn's window / koreen photography

My photo
I'm a hobbyist photographer, a school counselor, a health junkie, and a mom. But above all, I'm just a woman living my truth. My biggest happiness in life is to savour each moment while it happens. That's all. That's everything.

Saturday, March 7, 2009

Potty-Training, Day 2

Huh. Weird. I bought not just a soaker pad for Evan's bed, to minimize accidents, but I also had a backup plan. I bought a rubber sheet. Not just any rubber sheet. A vinyl zippered "envelope" for the entire mattress. His queen-sized mattress. I had no idea they made them that big. Very weird and, I have to say, a little creepy. But I'm so glad they make them that big!

Am I overzealous? A little anal (no pun intended) with keeping his nighttime accidents minimal and easier for Super-Groggy Mummy to clean up in the middle of the night? Maybe.

Here's the truly weird thing. He's been using regular diapers at nighttime. And soaking them. Every night. Both nights in underwear only (aside from the double mattress protection) he's been dry. Not a bit of damp underwear to be found.

Huh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm tickled you dropped by! Leave a link to your email or webpage so I can respond. Thanks for chatting!


The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before.
The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.
~Rajneesh