The most sacred thing is a child's innocence;
his trust the most inviolate.
~ KN

winn's window / koreen photography

My photo
I'm a hobbyist photographer, a school counselor, a health junkie, and a mom. But above all, I'm just a woman living my truth. My biggest happiness in life is to savour each moment while it happens. That's all. That's everything.

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Hi-ho, Hi-ho, It's Off To Grout I Go

Tired, tired, tired. That's me. But I have a good reason: not enough sleep.

It's been a busy week and I'm brain-dead. So, while The Boy is off for an hour or so with the grandparents at church, I'm here wondering what to do with myself. There's still so much... the most crucial is the kitchen tile waiting to be grouted. Yes, that's right folks: new kitchen tile for a backsplash. Nothing fancy, of course, but necessary for the new countertop. Again, nothing fancy, but necessary because the old one was literally flaking off. And because it was a new countertop, I couldn't put the grungy dirty old sink in. And the old also-grungy tap was in my way. So, all new.

I'm taking advantage of the currently offered home reno tax break for some serious little overhaul of my kitchen. Why? Why, when I have no money and it could go for other frivolous luxury expenditures like new eye prescription and glasses (overdue by 8 years) or dentist (don't even ask how long! they terrify me so I procrastinate) or sagging front porch or leaky roof tiles or overdue car maintenance.... See how the list goes on and on? My reasoning was simple and clear: mildew, grunge and mold. Black mold on the wall. I'm kind of sick of breathing it in everytime I do dishes, because it's right behind the tap (which was big and old and gross and In the Darn Way and I couldn't clean behind it properly). Not to mention that the old counter was never sealed against dampness, and ergo: mold behind it. Therefore, I looked quickly and hard and found some great deals... waited like a pup at the pound for a visitor and then attacked the sales as they happened, one by one.

So, I have stuff to do. And because I've never done it before, I'm trying to look busy here at the computer so I can procrastinate longer. Ummmm, problem is, I'm running out of interesting things to say.... so off I go. Really. I mean it. I think. Darn it, I'm just so tired. (Thanks, Evan, for waking me up at the butt-crack of dawn. It's getting old. Sleeping In is a time-honored tradition in my past. Learn about it.)

(Maybe I shouldn't have given up coffee. Coffee coffee coffee........)

************************

Major OOPS!
The Boy's father is actually running the show here. I'm the helper. And the best way I can help is to Stay Out Of The Way. Thank goodness! He's doing a great job, so props for him! Yay for me!!! (((hee hee!)))

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with the grouting, can we see pictures when it's done? I have a bunch of home improvement projects I want to work on to, I figure the more I can do to get the place in shape now while the economy is bad, the easier it will be to sell it quickly when things pick up again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely, Liz. I don't have before pictures because I just want to block out the grossness, but I can't wait to show it off. And yes, that's the idea, sell it off quick when the market improves. :)

    ReplyDelete

I'm tickled you dropped by! Leave a link to your email or webpage so I can respond. Thanks for chatting!


The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before.
The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.
~Rajneesh