The most sacred thing is a child's innocence;
his trust the most inviolate.
~ KN

winn's window / koreen photography

My photo
I'm a hobbyist photographer, a school counselor, a health junkie, and a mom. But above all, I'm just a woman living my truth. My biggest happiness in life is to savour each moment while it happens. That's all. That's everything.

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Happy Birthday, Evan!

Today is the day. My boy turns 3. While it's a happy and exciting occasion for us (considering the theoretical developmental leaps and bounds that are to occur today, according to the child-raising books I've read), he's rather blase about it. I mean, he had his party on Sunday--the main reason I haven't been seen around here all week, recovering from the chaos. Seriously though, it wasn't bad. Seven guests, aged 3 to 7 (not including the parents), were very very well behaved. All I can say was, they played well, my son did not cause any bodily damage to anyone, and they followed directions. Also surprisingly, my son did not lose control unwrapping gifts. He would have been happy after the first gift to just sit back and examine it at leisure and have fun with it. We had to keep reminding him and bringing him back to open the other gifts. The adults and guests, I think, had more fun with the opening of gifts than he. However, that's not to say he doesn't enjoy them! He's loved every one of them, and has played with them all. Some of them even have kept him occupied for whole minutes at a time! Yay! Due to this unexpected windfall of presents, he has effectively doubled his dinosaur collection. The guests gift bags also had dino themes, and the cake.... well, the cake can speak for itself. It went off well enough... better than I ever expected... the guests were happy... cleanup was a breeze... and to top it all off, I got the house cleaned when I got home. (Must have been all that sugar from the party giving me a little boost.) No wonder I haven't been able to move since!




Check out how well the children are just sitting there decorating their treat... no fighting, poking each other, getting into anyone else's brownie "craft".... I've never seen anything like it. How lucky did we get!!!

Works of art!!!

Yay for more dinos.


Happy birthday, my little man. Happy birthday.

3 comments:

  1. Three is such a great age..Happy Birthday to you little guy Evan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 3 is the best. Happy birthday, cutie. We love dinos at our house, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How awesome!!

    Happy belated Birthday! Three years old... Hmmm... I'll make sure to keep my little ones away from you.. they do love the older men.. :)

    ReplyDelete

I'm tickled you dropped by! Leave a link to your email or webpage so I can respond. Thanks for chatting!


The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before.
The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.
~Rajneesh