The most sacred thing is a child's innocence;
his trust the most inviolate.
~ KN

winn's window / koreen photography

My photo
I'm a hobbyist photographer, a school counselor, a health junkie, and a mom. But above all, I'm just a woman living my truth. My biggest happiness in life is to savour each moment while it happens. That's all. That's everything.

Friday, July 31, 2009

5 Things Friday, the First


Blog Button

I just found out about 5 Things Friday (from Jean Stockdales blog), and since one of my most favorite subjects to talk about is Me (surprise, surprise!), I thought I'd have a go.

Here are 5 Things About Me:

1. Growing up I hated the color green, probably because it was my mom's favorite color and she wanted EVERYTHING green. And I mean everything. I even at one point had a green room... green paint, green carpet... against my will of course. I was actually nauseous the first few nights sleeping in it. But then, after I grew up, I've found (much to my surprise and somewhat displeasure) that I really enjoy green... for some things. I like wearing green, and our living room is a nice pale soft herb/sage green that I find very cooling and soothing. So what do I know?!

2. I don't like getting dirty. But I inevitably enjoy activities that make me dirty (like gardening and just being outdoors in general). So I need to get over this every single day in order to do activities with Evan. Sometimes it's a struggle.

3. I love to read so much that once I've found a good book (because I'm also picky and don't like a badly-written story) I will read it straight through. Not just novels either. I love information, period.

4. My dream career is Architect. But I didn't get into it because I was told in high school that I didn't have the personality for it: that I wouldn't make it because I wasn't competitive enough. (Unfortunately, I respected her opinion, but turns out that person really didn't know me!)

5. I like... crave... need chili sauce on food. It's the best thing ever. I've had food so hot that it's caused my fellow diners' eyes to tear up. But it's so good!

4 comments:

  1. Today is my first time participating in 5 Things also! Welcome!! That is funny about the green color! Reading is also one of my favorite pastimes. Thanks for sharing today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Before I finished reading #1, I was going to tell you to go wash your mouth out with soap because green is FABULOUS. I'm so glad you've come to agree :) PS. I use smilebox.com for my scrapbook pages.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for playing 5 Things Friday. I loved reading your list. But chilli sauce. Seriously!?!? I am a fan of green but it has to be the right shade. I painted my office green and it looked like Kermit the Frog's house. Could not stand it. Had to paint it FAST!

    Next week will be 5 Summer Activities You Enjoy. Please play along again. Hope you have a glorious week. Blessings.

    Jean Stockdale

    ReplyDelete

I'm tickled you dropped by! Leave a link to your email or webpage so I can respond. Thanks for chatting!


The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before.
The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.
~Rajneesh