The most sacred thing is a child's innocence;
his trust the most inviolate.
~ KN

winn's window / koreen photography

My photo
I'm a hobbyist photographer, a school counselor, a health junkie, and a mom. But above all, I'm just a woman living my truth. My biggest happiness in life is to savour each moment while it happens. That's all. That's everything.

Friday, July 3, 2009

More Friday Freakshow

I'm a little late today for my usual Friday Freakshow, but it's been a busy day. For starters, while Evan's personality has taken a decided up-swing with his gradual maturity, today was a little rough. We're still having trouble with letting Mummy talk on the phone... but it's a work in progress.

We've had some exciting firsts this week. Evan saw his first movie at a theatre. He didn't feel the excitement and anticipation of this event because he didn't know what it was all about. But he was very happy to see Ice Age 3. And he was perfectly behaved. He sat on my lap for comfort and height preferences, but he didn't squirm even once. He asked far fewer questions than I thought he would, and made no disruptions. (I don't count potty breaks--even multiple potty breaks--as disruptive because they are just a fact of life.)

The same evening, following the movie, Evan saw his first ever fireworks. It was a busy and exciting Canada Day for him! He was wowed by the fireworks, but more than that, he kept up a running commentary on them: "Wow! That one was red! Look at that one! Look how high they go! Did you see that one, guys? Did you see it?" And on and on it went. I think the only thing better for him would have been on the boat setting them off.

And then to top off a great exciting week, we got Evan's first fish.



Beautiful, isn't it?

We've also had Evan's first dead pet.

No, the fish didn't last. Apparently I'm not a good pet-mummy... I didn't do my homework. I had the water analyzed today and found out it was too alkaline. I thought untreated spring-fed-well water was a good thing. Uh oh. Anyways, I put the poor little dead guys to rest (Good-bye, Puppy Nemo. May you rest in peace. Flush.) , cleaned the little tank and treated the water. In a few days the water will be analyzed again and, if found safe, will be the new home for another unfortunate creature... or two. We'll see.

In the meantime, Evan got a chance to mourn his new short-lived little friend. "I'm so sad, Mummy." He told me. "He was so beautiful!"

Check out other fabulous photo-stories at Carrie's Friday Foto Finish Fiesta.

1 comment:

  1. Poor fish! We've had more than our share of fishy flushes.

    My son saw his first fireworks last week, and narrated for everyone within earshot too. But its so cute to hear!

    ReplyDelete

I'm tickled you dropped by! Leave a link to your email or webpage so I can respond. Thanks for chatting!


The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before.
The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.
~Rajneesh