The most sacred thing is a child's innocence;
his trust the most inviolate.
~ KN

winn's window / koreen photography

My photo
I'm a hobbyist photographer, a school counselor, a health junkie, and a mom. But above all, I'm just a woman living my truth. My biggest happiness in life is to savour each moment while it happens. That's all. That's everything.

Friday, July 31, 2009

Soccer Misery



Every week I'm privileged to hear Evan give his insightful commentary on his preschool soccer activity ("I don't wanna go! I don't like it there!"), and every week I encourage him to continue this favorite past-time... so I can hang with the other moms and chat, of course.

It doesn't matter what Evan says about soccer because he says the same thing about most everything else: the pool, the beach, getting pizza, buying toys, etc. You see a pattern here? He's simply expressing his desire to be self-motivated and independent. I let him. Because I'm usually wearing earplugs.

You decide for yourself if the level of weekly agony on the soccer field warrants me taking out the earplugs, abandoning the other moms, and keeping Evan home so we can commiserate together in our mutual misery ("There's nothing fun to do. Ever!"). (He's the goofy one in grey... it was too hot for his soccer shirt.)






I'm playing along with Candid Carrie with her Friday Foto Finish Fiesta.


1 comment:

  1. What a cutiepie! I love his individuality of not wanting to wear his soccer shirt!

    ReplyDelete

I'm tickled you dropped by! Leave a link to your email or webpage so I can respond. Thanks for chatting!


The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before.
The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.
~Rajneesh