The most sacred thing is a child's innocence;
his trust the most inviolate.
~ KN

winn's window / koreen photography

My photo
I'm a hobbyist photographer, a school counselor, a health junkie, and a mom. But above all, I'm just a woman living my truth. My biggest happiness in life is to savour each moment while it happens. That's all. That's everything.

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Reflections

I didn't think I had much to say today, but turns out... I do.  

It's been a year since I started blogging, and I've been reflecting a little on my experience. 

So far, I love it!  I get a chance to vent and fume and cheer and sympathize and commiserate and even air a little dirty laundry now and then.  I don't do giveaways or product reviews (at least, not yet anyways... maybe I'd like to someday).  I write mainly about wacky-mummyhood and discovery... the discovery of my little boy and our daily life, how awesome he is (and how supremely NOT awesome he is).  And yes, I AM one of those moms who's just a little competitive and thinks her child is a little bit better/faster/smarter/cuter than any other child (but I'm really into the cuteness of other kids, too, so hopefully that will balance things out).  

I also write about the rediscovery of myself.  I think I started writing this so I could get back to myself.  Which I think I did.  And a lot changed in the process and because-of.  It's been a good year and also an earth-shaking year, not always in a lot of good ways.

At the end of the day, though, I'm with my boy and I'm content.  We're good.  And we're still here.


.

5 comments:

  1. I always like reading about other peoples lives... it's like I'm invited in to see this peek in your window of the world. I appreciate your posts... there's some kind of humbleness to knowing that somewhere, someone else may share similar interest, ideas, and even burdens at times.

    Great post :) keep on blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, bassackwards mom. Love the appreciation, and you have a standing invitation to peek in my windows, c'mon in and have a cup of joe and let's Chat. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post, I could have written it myself. So very true!! Glad your sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blogging is a stress reliever for me! I love it! And I am one of those Mommy's too! :-)

    ReplyDelete

I'm tickled you dropped by! Leave a link to your email or webpage so I can respond. Thanks for chatting!


The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before.
The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.
~Rajneesh