Evan has been told, but is so distracted lately by the inner workings of his growing and rapidly developing mind (suspenseful music cued) that he is having trouble remembering Mummy Is NOT A Morning Person.
So today involved some really weird behavior on both Evan's and my part. The anger and expressions of anger were really off-putting and making me not want to deal with this (gritting teeth now) Precious Gift of God, (okay, I'm all right now) and I could have reacted better myself. None of the tried and true methods I use normally worked for us today. I ended up, for want of a better idea, just disengaging from what I needed to and moving on the next thing. Basically just trying to get through the day and looking forward to bedtime. Mostly, it really felt like we were off, you know what I mean by that? Like our energies were moving in opposite directions, we weren't meshing at all, and there was little common ground to be had. We managed to salvage the afternoon, but the morning's antic wore me out.
I'm too tired to do anything. I was very stony-faced through much of the afternoon as a sort of knee-jerk reaction to my son's chaos, which is my only defense against the onslaught of chaos, mayhem and general overstimulation of light/movement/noise. (I blame the fibro for that.)
But most I have to blame on the serious lack of sun we've been experiencing lately. What is up with that? I've never lived through such prolonged bouts of cloud cover. It makes me achy and my head hurt even more. And I'm gritting my teeth more often, just don't know if it's over the antics from The Reason My Heart Is Still Beating or if it's the weather. (Evan has taken enough blame lately, so I'm blaming the weather. Ha!) I'm seriously considering relocating to a warmer climate. Like, yesterday already!
A few moments of sunshine found me ducking from the glare and complaining that it was too bright. Yes, that's right, without the innoculation of the sun, I'm metamorphing into my alter-ego: Vampire of Doom and Whininess. I've just realized I've totally lost the point of today's inspiring message, so I'm ending here.... with a little shot of how I'm feeling. Oh yeah, Evan's feeling it too:
There you have it: We Need Sunshine Now!!!!
.

I'm so not a morning person either. Having a little one who is super energetic and chipper bright and early drives me crazy too.
ReplyDeleteHopefully tomorrow goes better!
I had a similar meltdown in the shower this morning... poor lil'guy :(
ReplyDelete