The most sacred thing is a child's innocence;
his trust the most inviolate.
~ KN
winn's window / koreen photography
- koreen (aka: winn)
- I'm a hobbyist photographer, a school counselor, a health junkie, and a mom. But above all, I'm just a woman living my truth. My biggest happiness in life is to savour each moment while it happens. That's all. That's everything.
Sunday, March 1, 2009
"Boys have a Wee-wee, Girls have...um.... Mummy, do you have a Wee-wee?"
Raise your hand if you're totally into exploring the differences between genders. No one? Oh, no one over preschool age? Oh well. Any good pictures or suggestions to help Evan deal with the fact that he doesn't look like Mummy? I'm terrified. ;) What do I do???
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.
~Rajneesh
This is a terrifying subject for all parents, I think. Someone told me that there are some good books available. I haven't found them yet -- nor can I remember a name at this point... I am not being very helpful, am I?
ReplyDeleteI guess, I should just say, you are NOT alone on this. I am facing trying to teach Eirik to pee standing up... Is it bad to just let him continue to do it sitting down???? It's less messy... Oh the joys, huh?
Hang in there -- or not, as the case may be ;)
It's never been a problem in our house, fortunately! Just tell him ALL the ways you are different. He has a penis. You have a vagina. He has small hands. Yours are larger. Look! He has a freckle...etc.
ReplyDeleteLori: I cannot for the life of me teach Boy Terror to pee standing up. I admit, I haven't tried very hard....maybe we can start a trend?
LOL! Oh, yay. Yes, Evan is already wanting to pee standing up, "like Daddy and Apma" is his reasoning. TMI? Anyways, I'm dumb enough to let him try. So now I'm tired of wiping it off the walls. He's just so fascinated with his penis! That really never goes away, does it? ;)
ReplyDeleteHi, I'm new to your blog, hopped on over from kijiji (of all places).
ReplyDeleteI don't remember exactly how I explained gender to my kids, but I do remember I used the "scientific" names and vaguely described how boys and girls were different. Don't go into too much detail, it will only conufuse the little guy.
Cute blog - I'll be back
Jack :)
LOl well Garey isn't there yet. but i have alway just said we are different. but with the pee thing. well, Garey want to stand up to so i got him a stool so he can get a good aim in the tolet and have showed him that when you pee on the seat you have to clean it up. potty training is so fun but at least he want to try now. so how every thing eles going. I wish he would just sit down and most men should too. would be way cleaner.lol
ReplyDeleteI have always used the scientific terms, boys have penis and girls have vagina. they can see the differance they don't need a lot of detailed info until they get older anyways. I have never used the term wee-wee lol.
ReplyDeleteI am afraid i am lucky in our house, the boys all sit down in our household. If they want to stand than the clean the toilet and area:) I hope the three day thing works for you. I wouldn't worry about him being almost 3. that isn't that old for pee unless he does #2 in his pants too. that is a little much. wish you luck