The most sacred thing is a child's innocence;
his trust the most inviolate.
~ KN

winn's window / koreen photography

My photo
I'm a hobbyist photographer, a school counselor, a health junkie, and a mom. But above all, I'm just a woman living my truth. My biggest happiness in life is to savour each moment while it happens. That's all. That's everything.

Thursday, July 2, 2009

In Celebration of The Penis

Recently, while at the pool, I was trying to get Evan changed into his swimsuit in a room full of people. I tried to keep him facing me with his back to everyone else to hide "the goods", but my squirmy little mer-boy was abnormally interested in the dressing techniques and processes of two women and two children. So I finally had to tell him, "Evan, you need to face me so no one will see your penis."

"Why, Mum," he replied with interest, "will they try to flick it off?"

************************************

Just yesterday Evan heard another boy refer to the penis as a wiener, and out of the blue this morning I find him wandering around the house proclaiming in a happy and sing-songy voice: "I have a wiener! I have a wiener!"

************************************

I'm just relieved he's happy with what he's got!
.

1 comment:

I'm tickled you dropped by! Leave a link to your email or webpage so I can respond. Thanks for chatting!


The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before.
The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.
~Rajneesh