The most sacred thing is a child's innocence;
his trust the most inviolate.
~ KN

winn's window / koreen photography

My photo
I'm a hobbyist photographer, a school counselor, a health junkie, and a mom. But above all, I'm just a woman living my truth. My biggest happiness in life is to savour each moment while it happens. That's all. That's everything.

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

A Bike Memory

I really don't remember my first bike, but I know it was a two-wheeler. There are very few pictures from my childhood, so I can't say precisely. However there was this one bike that I remember riding every day I could for a couple of years at least. It had handlebars like a Harley and a banana-seat. Remember those? Loved it!

The reason for this little memory exercise is because there's a bike giveaway at 5 Minutes For Moms: a Strider balance bike. I need Need NEED one for my son! He's still learning how the pedals work on a bike and has already outgrown his tricycle. (I wish I could get him a new bike, but so far more important luxuries like food and electricity come first.) Check out the Strider bikes here.

3 comments:

  1. Darn food and electricity... no fun at all. Balance bikes definitely are more fun!

    Isn't it so frustrating when we can't afford all the fun things in life. I am sorry... and I do hope you win... your chances are high as there aren't very many entries so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you win too! I just got my son a bike from Goodwill, it was brand new and really cheap. Toys are so expensive...

    ReplyDelete

I'm tickled you dropped by! Leave a link to your email or webpage so I can respond. Thanks for chatting!


The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before.
The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.
~Rajneesh