The most sacred thing is a child's innocence;
his trust the most inviolate.
~ KN

winn's window / koreen photography

My photo
I'm a hobbyist photographer, a school counselor, a health junkie, and a mom. But above all, I'm just a woman living my truth. My biggest happiness in life is to savour each moment while it happens. That's all. That's everything.

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Evan Visits the Dentist... And WackyMummy Has a Nervous Breakdown


We had our first dentist visit today.  Evan's first, not mine.  He was a prince.  He opened his mouth when they asked and did everything just right.  I think the dentist was amazed it was his first time.  The best news: Evan's teeth are perfect.  What a relief!  

And I messed up too: I forgot to prep Evan with the books and the talk about dentists and explaining everything.  But I guess it doesn't matter with a rock star like my boy!

I, on the other hand, was a mess.  I can't blame the coffee or concussion for this one.  I can't even blame the road construction and 3 separate delays that turned the 20 minute drive to the dentist into a 55 minute trip-to-hell-and-back.  I held myself together until after we left the dentist... but then I had my anxiety attack.  (I could probably trace it back to a horrible dentist visit in 1998 that ruined a molar, followed by a string of negative, up-tight, disapproving, arrogant, perfectionistic dentists afterward.  Oh, wait... that's all of them.)

The point here is not the fact that I need dental attention and fast.  And that I refuse to go in.  Unless they put me out... and I don't think there's enough nitrous oxide in the world for that.  The only other option is to insult a kick-boxer.  But that might make more dental issues.  Hmmmm....  If I come up with another solution, I'll let you know.

The point here is that despite his mummy's deep and abiding issues, Evan is a star!
.

2 comments:

  1. Does anyone do sedation dentistry near you? I'm always hearing about it on the radio here, it's supposed to be good for people who are deathly afraid of the dentist.

    Take care of your teeth or it can lead to lots of worse health problems! Not to scare you, or anything :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not to worry: I floss and brush everyday... even more important because I don't want to go near dentists! =)

    ReplyDelete

I'm tickled you dropped by! Leave a link to your email or webpage so I can respond. Thanks for chatting!


The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before.
The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.
~Rajneesh