Why oh why does a little boy, who is otherwise happily obsessed with trucks and dinos, want to play with such a girly-girl thing? I don't even think I played with glitter as a kid! I was the one climbing on roofs as well as trees, jumping off porches with garbage bags for parachutes, and giving my dolls to my little brother in exchange for his cars and trains.
But back to the mess: We don't have a playroom or rec room or even use his bedroom as a playroom--we're pretty frugal on space here. Everything happens in the living room, including eating, so there's enough mess happening without looking for more.
Then I had the brilliant idea, if I say so myself, of putting him on the porch with his little all-purpose table (yes, that we use for eating) and glitter and glue and paper and just letting him go for it. That way, my over-the-top fixation with Not Making Messes would not further traumatize him and completely ruin his childhood.
I also used it as an opportunity to set up my tripod (cuz the fibro makes me shake like a jackhammer and I can no longer take a non-blurry picture) and experiment with natural light. He was such a patient little dude! Check it out:

It was so bright outside that the glitter caused too much glare. He actually had to wear his sunglasses!)

Notice the stream of sparkles from the glitter. Loved capturing that shot!


I think the experiment was a success.
.

Looks like fun! And great job capturing all the glittery goodness with the camera, I'm impressed!
ReplyDeleteGood thinking Mom! When in doubt about the mess, take it OUTSIDE!!! :)
ReplyDeleteI wonder if I could do this with playdough? Lego? All food? cars? Polly Pockets? Markers? clothes?
Okay, I know I am fantasizing (just a little).
Seriously, loved this! Evan looks like he's having a blast.
precious so so presious enjoy:)=
ReplyDelete