The most sacred thing is a child's innocence;
his trust the most inviolate.
~ KN

winn's window / koreen photography

My photo
I'm a hobbyist photographer, a school counselor, a health junkie, and a mom. But above all, I'm just a woman living my truth. My biggest happiness in life is to savour each moment while it happens. That's all. That's everything.

Monday, June 15, 2009

In Other News...

I do have a lot of positive stuff going on. I do. I really do. And I notice it. I mean, not too long ago I was very conscious and grateful of the fact that we had shelter and heat (even if it seemed like I had to put wood on the fire every few hours... including all night long) for the winter, and able to purchase some food.... I remember. Life is good.

And sometimes it's not so good. I'm trying really hard not to let the bad stuff get to me, even when it sits there in the back of my mind and pecks at me like an obnoxious pigeon with a serious lack of boundaries. Like right now. Peck peck peck.

I could talk about the continuous snubs I seem to be getting in the area I live in. But I won't.

I could mention the manipulative people I need to "play nice" with when I'd much rather just say what I really think. Yet I won't.

I could let it slip that I'm beyond ready to pick up this life of mine that I put on hold because Someone Else decided her/his needs were more important and ((stupid me)) bought it--hook, line and sinker. However, it wouldn't be prudent to.

I could just drop everything and leave the mess for Someone Else to clean up. Hmmm. Not sure..... but I most likely won't.

Peck! Peck! Peck! ((Stupid bird.))


***********************************************

What I missed over the weekend when I wasn't invited (but Evan was) to a relative's wedding due to not having enough room:



Peck! Peck! Peck!


"No room" for the mother of a young child, but the child is welcome. Um... okay?! (I call bull-sh*t! on that as I saw extra plates of food and tons of cake leftover.) As the reception was less than a mile down the road from my house, I popped by to pick up Evan when I figured the reception was winding down. There may have reluctance to invite the Wack to the festivities, but there was no hesitation involved in asking me to drive one of the guests back to town either! (Which, to clarify, I was happy to do because I am nice like that, and I really liked the person I chauffeured... someone whose kindness and generosity and sweetness has impacted my life in positive ways.)


Peckpeckpeckpeckpeckpeckpeck!!!

5 comments:

  1. What an annoying pigeon! It sounds like a lot to deal with, but I hope things get better soon, and you can put everything out of your mind! hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Be who you are and say what you want, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." ~Dr. Seuss

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. sure sounds rude! At least you have a place to vent!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not mannerly! I hope you got a bit of cake!
    Helen xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was never a social person..the only reason I think is that I dont trust easily and people can be horrible.
    Now i trust a bit more and am, more open to the world but i rule myself...never let rudeness, unthoughtfulness etc put u down for more than 1 min. its clear these ppl dont deserves to dwell on your mind

    ReplyDelete

I'm tickled you dropped by! Leave a link to your email or webpage so I can respond. Thanks for chatting!


The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before.
The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.
~Rajneesh