So this is what I did today, or what I might start referring to as That Freakin' Wonderful Wednesday in Which I Became Even More of A Mutant: We went to the city and hit The Discovery Centre, because what 3-year-old's life is complete until he trashes, I mean, checks out a trendy yet educational place of entertainment? On the way there I just happened to have an incident. An accident. Whatever. Besides, what better addition to my Week of Harrowing Horror than to be hit in the face with a guard-arm at a parking structure, causing blood spurts and traumatizing a preschooler?
(Not to mention awaking the Inner Diva and speculating the odds of acquiring the to-the-minute services of a highly skilled plastic surgeon, at my beck and call of course, to close my newest facial injury with several micro-sutures... yes, there have been more in the past, but we won't go there...)

The parking lot attendant came over and very helpfully said, "You're not supposed to walk there," then strolled away as I stood there dumbfounded and dazed.
The parking lot attendant came over and very helpfully said, "You're not supposed to walk there," then strolled away as I stood there dumbfounded and dazed.
No, I didn't clobber him. No, I didn't get professional help (ahem, yes I know). And no, I don't have the guts to show a photo of the actual injury. The bandage is bad enough. Yes, this is how I walked around the city, including some shopping afterwards. I must have no shame because I didn't even bother with the makeup beforehand. I must have known there's just no point in bothering sometimes.
On the upside, I was feeling better, intestinally speaking, than I have in about a week, and I also have more photographic evidence of Evan and this mutant family:


On the upside, I was feeling better, intestinally speaking, than I have in about a week, and I also have more photographic evidence of Evan and this mutant family:
Isn't that cool?
.

Oh dear! you are really having a rough week, aren't you? Your poor nose :(
ReplyDeleteOoh, hope you are okay!
ReplyDelete