The most sacred thing is a child's innocence;
his trust the most inviolate.
~ KN

winn's window / koreen photography

My photo
I'm a hobbyist photographer, a school counselor, a health junkie, and a mom. But above all, I'm just a woman living my truth. My biggest happiness in life is to savour each moment while it happens. That's all. That's everything.

Friday, June 5, 2009

A Walk in Our Garden

On such a beautiful day like yesterday, how could we not resist just wandering around the yard (in between playing chase and mowing the lawn, that is)?

At the top of the barn door we found our resident wolf spider. (At least, that's what I'm pretty sure it is.) He's around 3 inches long.





The rest of the yard was a little less inhabited, but still fun to shoot.



Guess who took these next pics?


That's right... Evan!

Guess who stayed up until almost midnight playing around with them?

NOT Evan!

(Btw: if you click on Evan's photo for the full-size version, you'll be able to see the wonderful detail of light and structure . I'm particularly impressed with the veining of the leaves.)

*************************

Now, get thee over to Carrie's Friday Foto Finish Fiesta and see all the other great pictures and links posted.

.

7 comments:

  1. Dear Not Evan,

    A) You both take great pics
    B) I just told Gutsy we have wolf spiders in our basement. While true, I haven't actually seen one and have only heard about them from the previous owner. Still, he didn't like that too much.
    C) I will be mentioning your tag in my next post. I just had to talk feeling fatty bo batty. Priorities, like self-esteem crises, need to be addressed. I hope you understand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree , fantastic photos. iCK at the spider though....
    stopping by from Carrie's blog.
    have a super Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you both take great pictures! Lovely yard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ventured over from Carrie's! What beautiful photoss! I love red doors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love flower pic's. These are really great shots!minus the not so itsy bitsy spider!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful garden shots! Evan did an exceptional job too. I love giving a little person a camera, it's interesting to see what things catch their eye.

    Happy Friday, hope you weekend goes well :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maven: A) thanks, B) good luck with never seeing your spider... I've researched this, as like everything else I'm curious about, and they're very reclusive and hermitty; also, they like to live in holes in the ground; hmmm.... is your basement floor not cemented?, & C) thanks again, and mention away; I like to think I have a place/voice in this awesome online community. You just made my day! :)

    mommytoalot: thanks, also. I actually find this spider not so icky because he stays out in the barn, and he's so big you can clearly see where he is. Good to know when I head out there!

    cat: thanks... I'm learning to find the beauty in this diamond in the rough!

    Missy: thank you; the red door doesn't normally look this good (!) because the whole barn is red, but I found this awesome perspective and had a great picture turn out.

    Glenda: thanks, I love shooting flowers, but I figure people might get bored seeing them all the time. Hope you drop by again, because I still have the lily, astilbe, and sunflower seasons ahead of me! (go, little camera, go!)

    Jack: thanks! I gave him his own camera for a very important reason... the: yikes! pleasedon'tbreak it!!! factor, but then I set it up on the tripod and supervised; and it ended up quite good. :)

    Have a great weekend to you all!

    ReplyDelete

I'm tickled you dropped by! Leave a link to your email or webpage so I can respond. Thanks for chatting!


The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before.
The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.
~Rajneesh